July 21, 2020
Macnica Networks Corp.
Macnica Networks Enters Into a Distributorship Agreement with Data Theorem, Provider of Mobile Application Security Diagnosis Services
- Fully automatic and continuous execution of security diagnosis and compliance checks -
Macnica Networks Corp. (headquarters: 1-5-5 Shin-Yokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Japan; President: Jun Ikeda; hereinafter "Macnica Networks"), a leading supplier of security solutions for cyber threats against Japanese organizations, is pleased to announce a distributorship agreement with Data Theorem, Inc. (headquarters: California, USA; CEO: Himanshu Dwivedi; hereinafter “Data Theorem”), provider of mobile application security diagnosis services. Through this agreement, Macnica will help solve businesses’ security issues regarding mobile applications and increase their competitive strength.
Importance of mobile applications and issues in development
With the spread of digitalization, mobile apps are becoming more and more critical. With the introduction of agile techniques in application development, there is a trend toward an increase in the number and frequency of releases. In these circumstances, performing manual examinations and diagnostic tests for each release impedes the goal of shortening the release cycle and increases the burden in terms of cost. Moreover, even after release, it is necessary to perform continual diagnosis for new vulnerabilities that are confirmed daily.
Features of Data Theorem’s services
Data Theorem provides services that enable fully automatic, continuous execution of mobile application security diagnosis at a fixed cost.
- Automatic and continuous security diagnosis
- Performance of diagnostic tests for newly-built applications
- Continual Performance of security diagnosis for pre-release and post-release mobile apps (iOS/Android) based on up-to-date vulnerability information
- Ability to perform diagnosis of conformity for all types of compliance requirements
- No need to perform operations such as setting and execution for diagnosis due to the fully automatic implementation of the Data Theorem’s platform.
- Diagnostic reports
- Explanation of detected vulnerabilities (problems, potential impact and examples of exploitation, consequences, etc.)
- Methods for dealing with detected vulnerabilities (problematic codes and examples of correction, version update of OSS/SDK used, etc.)
- Explanations and advice provided by Data Theorem engineers regarding problems and how to address them
- Diagnosis at a fixed price (yearly contract)
- Diagnostic tests of the designated target mobile application repeatedly performed throughout the contract period at a fixed rate (no limit on the number of tests)
- Contract period: 1 year (annual renewal)
Security diagnosis process
For mobile applications already made available in application stores, the system carries out regular downloads, performs diagnostic tests, and produces diagnostic reports.
For pre-release, non-distributed applications, clients can upload apps from their CI/CD tools to Data Theorem’s platform using API.
Macnica Networks will provide the above-mentioned mobile application security diagnosis services. It also has plans to introduce Data Theorem’s API and single-page security diagnosis services to Japan.
Data Theorem COO, Doug Dooley, has provided the following endorsement for this press release.
“We are excited to partner with Macnica to enable them to address Japanese organizations’ application and cloud security requirements with continuous, fully automated security for mobile, API and modern web app environments. This partnership is the result of our joint effort covering the past two years of work with Macnica, and will accelerate the adoption of Data Theorem for their growing customer base in Japan.”
About Data Theorem
Data Theorem is a leading provider of modern application security. Its core mission is to analyze and secure any modern application anytime, anywhere. The award-winning Data Theorem Analyzer Engine continuously analyzes APIs, Web, Mobile, and Cloud applications in search of security flaws and data privacy gaps. Data Theorem products help organizations prevent AppSec data breaches. The company has detected more than 1 billion application eavesdropping incidents and currently secures more than 8,000 modern applications for its enterprise customers around the world. Data Theorem is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., with offices in New York and Paris. For more information, visit www.datatheorem.com.
*The company names and product names used herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective company.